What Is Microlearning?
Microlearning is a skill-based approach to learning that delivers information in small, highly focused chunks. Microlearning doesn’t include a lot of context or details, because it is not generally used to teach basic knowledge. It is the ideal way to find quick answers to specific problems.
- Length: As the name implies, microlearning is fast. A typical module can be completed in about five minutes. However, there are no hard-and-fast rules about its length, as learning strategy expert Shannon Tipton of Learning Rebels LLC explains:
- Focus: Each module provides a focused answer to a single problem or question.
- Variety: Micro-learning content types include video tutorials, audio podcasts, presentations, interactions, games, scenarios, assessments, text-based job aids, and short online lessons.
- Mobile-friendly: Content is meant to be accessed at the point of need, which makes it a perfect way to learn on a smartphone or tablet.
How is micro-learning going to benefit your business?
1. Microlearning makes the transfer of learning 17% more efficient:
Researchers found that information delivered in short, focused chunks was easier to comprehend and recall than the same learning delivered in a longer, more comprehensive format. SmartR will help the employees build knowledge through customized training courses based on businesses’ needs.
2. Microlearning creates 50% more engagement:
Learner disengagement and boredom kill the chances of success in an eLearning program. Microlearning is the solution to help learners continuously practice during the training and later on, they can easily apply to their job.
3. Learning in stretches of 3-7 minutes matches the working memory capacity and attention spans of humans:
The human brain is not wired to maintain focus for hours on end. It learns better when the content is delivered in short bursts with the courses well spaced out to help cement the learning. Repetition aids retention.
4. Reduce development costs by 50% and increases the speed of development by 300% with micro eLearning courses:
- There’s no need to pay for the instructor’s time, buy or rent physical classrooms and pay for the utilities, and spend money on classroom equipment.
- It is easier and less time- and resource-intensive to update digital information than reprint training manuals and conduct supplementary classroom training sessions.
- It is easier and less time-consuming to roll out microlearning courses because they are modular.
SmartR is an EdTech company providing skill-based training solutions for individuals and organizations. SmartR applies technology to solve real-world challenges in the Learning and Development industry. SmartR and our certified trainers are developing high-quality micro-learning courses that can engage learners from start to finish. We offer online and offline courses covering a wide range of topics that include language learning, business skills, computer science, and personal development. SmartR is proud to be chosen by innovative businesses such as Nor-Cal Products, Thrakral One, Getlinks, iMED, etc. and help them create training programs that fit the need of each company.
I appreciate you sharing this post. Really looking forward to read more. Awesome. Yelena Richart Cacie
Hello. This post was really remarkable, particularly since I was looking for thoughts on this issue last Wednesday. Jo-Anne Friedrick Bertrando
Hello, this weekend is nice in support of me, since this time i am reading this great informative post here at my house. Cammy Elden Atalya
Hi Dear, are you in fact visiting this web page on a regular basis, if so then you will definitely take fastidious experience. Livia Keith Callum
You made some nice points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most people will consent with your blog. Bridie Vin Burd
Excellent, what a website it is! This weblog provides helpful information to us, keep it up. Penni Igor Valeria
Having read this I thought it was extremely informative. I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this information together. Maryellen Lamar Rafaellle
What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious familiarity concerning unexpected feelings. Elmira Rubin Lehmann
A big thank you for your blog. Really thank you! Want more. Valeria Nicolais Cadal
Hurrah! In the end I got a weblog from where I be able to truly get valuable information concerning my study and knowledge. Hesther Zacherie Nochur
Major thankies for the post. Much thanks again. Cool. Marianne Brad Yasmine
If some one wishes expert view concerning blogging and site-building then i recommend him/her to go to see this weblog, Keep up the fastidious work. Verine Filmer Agle
Hello. This post was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this matter last Wednesday. Carol Perkin Craig
We are are going to quickly as well as effectively generate a service warranty High-end improvement New York. Celinda Pasquale Peck
Very informative blog post. Much thanks again. Cool. Ashleigh Oliver Danyluk
Piece of writing writing is also a fun, if you be acquainted with then you can write otherwise it is difficult to write. Leonanie Randal Mosera
You made some first rate factors there. I appeared on the internet for the problem and found most individuals will go along with together with your website. Tova Godard Meredeth
Love your blogs. You are so right about the gift of time, being mindful of how we spend it. Stephenie Smitty Sal
Good article. I will be experiencing many of these issues as well.. Robinet Arel Sanbo
Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful article. Thank you for supplying these details. Adi Kennedy Christalle
Major thanks for the blog post. Much thanks again. Great. Anstice Carrol Peter
Only wanna state that this is very useful , Thanks for taking your time to write this. Othella Mayer Saleem
Hello There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn. That is an extremely well written article. Nadeen Zebulon Starlin
You completed a few nice points there. I did a search on the issue and found a good number of people will agree with your blog. Mavra Brett Sewel